Re: [HoE] It's Hammer time!

On Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:28:51 PDT "pete rogers" <peterogers@hotmail.com>
writes:

>nice idea dude

Thanks

> - but how about giving it some AP. i know it doesn't
>pierce armour exactly,

I think that the high die code will take care of the armor piercing
factor.  Even if the target is wearing an Infantry Battlesuit the weapon
damage dice will only be degraded down to +2d6 and the average roll on
that is a 7, so chances are that even an armored opponent will take a
wound.  And that's if you hit them in the heavily armored parts.

> but it would pretty much ignore leathers for example.

Actually, the best defense against mass weapons is light armor (you can
get out of the way faster, which we can assume attributes to the -4
defense [I know it's bending reality a little but..]) and loose fitting
armor such as chain mail (it absorbs and cushions the blow).  Again,
chances are that a target wearing leather will still take at least one
wound even with the -4 modifier. (I try to keep the rules as basic a
possible so I tend to keep out AP melee weapons [at least until someone
swings a pick at one of my players ;p ] )

>and i'd hate to ever botch with one :)

True, the Marshal could get REALLY vicious on that one :p

Templar Simon

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]