Re: [HoE] Ya old Battle Axe!

The only problem with adding another die of damage is that now they do
more damage than Great Axes!  I think I will just rule them as identical
to swords, but with a different shape.  This kinda evens out the playing
field a bit.  You could also say that a Great Sword has the same stats as
the Great Axe and a Short Sword has the same stats as the Hand Axe.  This
will help to prevent the "Long Sword Syndrome" so prevalent in DnD, where
most people take the longsword proficiency because they are the most
prevalent and the most economical (stat wise).

And I agree, Axes just are cooler.  LONG LIVE THE DWARVES!

Templar Simon
(who refuses to use a longsword just on principle)