Re: [HoE] Mini-Chainsaws

I think that I will rule that the minis IMC are the same as the ones in
the Fallout CRPG, basically about the size of a large bowie knife.  This
was I don't feel that I have to monkey with the stats of the weapon as
listed in the book.  Plus you don't have to worry so much about the
rebound factor that would be prevalent with a longer blade.

Templar Simon

On Fri, 09 Oct 1998 00:34:26 -0500 Yer Worst Nightmare
<toadpooka@usa.net> writes:
>Perhaps this is because chainsaws, in real life make very STUPID
>weapons!  It's a small matter for a>chainsaw to bounce back when it hits
something >hard (like bone), and >cut into the person holding>it.  This
is why tree spikes are so >deadly to lumberjacks.  I'd >venture to bet
that the chainsaw was
>put in the weapons list as a 'tribute' to either Army of Darkness, or
>(more likely) Mad Max Beyond>Thunderdome, in which Max used a chainsaw
in >Thunderdome for a total >of about 3 seconds before it>ran out of gas.
>Basically, the swords in HoE are better than the chainsaws in HoE
>because swords are actually>better.  Maybe the Overawe bonus is a good
idea, >though.  Hell, the >one in Thunderdome even made>Blaster back
up...

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]