Re: [HoE] It's Hammer time!

<< True, but the  original war hammers used during the Middle Ages was not
 so heavy and to be effective you only need about a 1 or 2 pound head with
 backspike >>

yah, but are the HoE fighters going to be using sledges or actual war
hammers(though you could have a great time raiding museums)?  Not many long
handled one to three pound sledges out there in the real world(far as I know,
granddad was a blacksmith and has hammers of just about every variety), and
IMO you really need the long handle for the leverage.  Incidentally, we have a
coal pick/hammer, nasty thing with points on both ends and a handle about 1.5
feet long, it was used in small mines that farmers had on their property.

I had a SCA "sister" who used a mace in combat.  She loved to smack others on
the flat tops of their great helms.

velkyn