Re: [HoE] Shotgun Ammo

|2)  Rhino Balls - 6 feet of piano wire strung between two lead
weights -
|I have personally seen one of these cut a 10 inch diameter dead tree
in
|half - I would say -2 accuracy and 4d6 damage - if the round hits an
|extremity (head, arm, or leg) and does even one wound then the
extremity
|takes an automatic second wound -maiming effects ALWAYS sever

The version I've seen only had a 6 inch wire.

|4)  Flechette Rounds - fires a pattern of needles - I've never been
able
|to get my mitts on any of these but they just sound mean - +2
accuracy
|and one die less of damage but hard armor is treated as one level
less
|and soft armor is ignored

I've actually used these (They're expensive, price comes out to
something like $5 per round). I'd drop the +2 accuracy except at long
range. In fact I recommend a whole new damage table for these, with
longer ranges and less drop off of damage. I don't have time right
now, but I'll work something out later tonight.
It fires 20 2mm carbon steel flechettes, at 50 yards the spread is
only 18-24 inches. I'd actually increase the damage levels because of
the close grouping, and the fact that the flechettes are designed to
bend in half when they hit soft tissue. Imagine 15-20 of these little
babies flipping around inside of you. Doctors would have a tough time
with them too, VERY small entry wound and massive internal damage.

There's also a 12 gauge Discarding Sabot round that fires a 8mm
tungsten dart at 6,000 feet per second...

Eric Young