Re: [HoE] Apocalypse Now - Weapons errata (Hal, Hopler, etc.)

|The Hellstromme Industries SAW (Squad Assault Weapon, I assume) uses
12 mm
|ammo... why?  The only 12mm ammo I know of is a 12.7mm Russian round
used in
|their heavier machine guns.  That's gotta be one big damned gun.
Also, the
|range listed for the HI SAW is 10/20, but the SAWs listed in the main
rulebook
|(pg. 58) have only one range (20) for single/auto.  Which is correct?
And
|isn't a ROF 9 just a LITTLE high for such a large ammo?  The M2HB
only has a
|ROF 3!  You've made the HI SAW one of the most powerful weapons in
the game.

Maybe the 12mm round used in the HI SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) is a
pistol sized round... Of course that would make it a SMG and not a
SAW. It's almost certainly not as powerful as the Russian 12.7mm
round, unless they have made some remarkable advances in recoil
absorbing techniques.

|Also, the Tommy Gun has the same range, 10/20, but this should be the
same as
|the rest of the SMGs, 5/10.  The barrel on a tommy gun isn't that
much longer
|than a pistol, no reason you should give it the same range as a
rifle.  Also,
|according to my data, there are two clip sizes, 20 bullets and 30
bullets, but
|no 50.  I assume the 50 capacity is for the round drum we see so
often in
|gangster movies?

IIRC the drum for the Tompson SMG held 100 rounds.

Eric Young