Re: [HoE] Junkers points (Shane)

In a message dated 10/15/98 1:26:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jedi@gatem02.netusa1.net writes:

> Okay... I feel really foolish for having to ask this.  I'm sure it's
>  right in front of my face but... The points that a junker must spend to
>  make a new invention- Where do they come from?

They don't come from anywhere, its just an open-ended system to determine how
many components the junker needs and how many cards he draws to check for
backlash.

Think of it this way... the junker decides to build something.  He works out
what he wants it to do, and calculates how many points it will be.  This
determines what kinds of parts he needs, GR drain, etc.  Once he has assembled
the components, then you draw for backlash.  The points don't come from
anywhere, so if I junker wanted to build a 500 or 1000 point item and he has
the parts for it and wants to risk the backlash, then there's nothing stopping
him.