Re: [HoE] Peanut Butter as a Mutagen

Wesley Anderson wrote:

> OK, a friend just told me that Peanut Butter has Mutagenic properties?
> Has anyone else ever heard this and what does it mean to all the mutants
> after the holocaust?
>
> Interesting....
> Wes

If I remember, Wes, peanut butter was found to be mildly carcenogenic (a
type of mutagen, perhaps...) based on its interaction with a type of mole.
It was not determined to be dangerous enough to even slap on a warning
label.

If you were going to do something like this, you might want to mutate the
mole first which, in turn, begins to cause mutations in a peanut-growing
community.  How a posse could stop such a thing is a little less clear to me
(or how this particular idea could be made into an interesting game....
Perhaps using it as a red herring?)

Hope this helps.

Matt
--
Matthew M. DeForrest, Ph.D.         Adjunct Professor of Communications and
Adjunct Professor of English           Adjunct Professor of English

"Let him be just and deal kindly with my people, for the dead are not
powerless.  Dead - I say?  There is no death.  Only a change of worlds."
Chief Seattle, "Our People are Ebbing Away like a Receding Tide," 1855.