Re: [HoE] Peanut Butter as a Mutagen

hi,

from what I've heard(from being in a 40-hour OSHA course) peanuts can get
alfatoxins(sp?) in them.  Not sure if this is in the actual peanut or in a
mold that gets on the nuts.  Alfatoxins are reputedly incredibly toxic(akin to
ricin, the poison used to kill a communist defector by being placed in a pin
sized bead and shot into him by a trick umbrella.  True story, go fig.)  Like
other toxins, I suspect that in doses less than lethal, they could be
mutagenic(though more likely teratogenic).

just a comment from the, ahem, peanut gallery....

velkyn