Templar Book (Shane), was Re: [HoE] The WINNER of the HoE survey

In a message dated 10/30/98 12:36:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
graveyard_greg@yahoo.com writes:

> Well, if you'd rather I'D do the book, I have this great idea with
>  loaves and fish that is just unbelievable... :)

Me, I was going to divide the Templars into three orders... Order of the Rose,
Order of the Sword and Order of the Shield.

Order of the Rose would be the more scholarly Templars, mostly delvers into
the occult who model themselves after the Rosicrucians.  (I'm hoping to see
something mentioned about the Rosies in the new book, Shane... hint hint)  +2
to Academia Occult rolls.

Order of the Sword was originally going to be a mix of those fraternal order
thingies, the two largest groups being the Lyon's Club and Elk's Lodge, then I
thought maybe they'd join several of those groups together under a new name,
maybe the Lyon's Lodge.  I tried to work in the boy scouts here as well, but
weren't sure what to call them, I think I settled on Eagle Scouts and allowed
women to become Scouts to avoid any discrimination issues. +2 to Survival
Rolls.

Order of the Shield was to be comprised of the Rotary Club, Salvation Army,
and the Red Cross. Rotaries were in charge of the money, supplies, and
transportation of goods... mostly the businessmen, deal-makers, and bankers.
The Red Cross was actually going to be a splinter group... they disagreed with
decisions on who or who not was worthy of aid, and adopted an unpopular (with
the Templars at least) humanitarian code that anyone who needed medical aid
ought to get it.  This led to an internal struggle and spilled blood between
the Order of the Sword and the Red Cross, until Simon stepped in and put a
stop to it.  The Red Cross is now a separate organization, and they don't get
along too well with the other Templars, but they're not killing each other
outright anymore.  Rotaries got +2 to their scrounging rolls, Salvation Army
and Red Cross got +2 to their medicine rolls.

Anyway, thats what I scribbled out at work a few weeks ago. It really has
nothing to do with the ancient Templars, and I wasn't sure what to do with it.