Re: [HoE] Technology

In a message dated 10/31/98 10:24:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
horaceblack@yahoo.com writes:

> I want to know if the technology of HOE is based on mad science or a
>  combination of mad science and real science.  For example: was
>  electricity based upon fosil fuels and nuclear power or ghost rock,
>  and is spook juice a replacement for gasoline.

Until the Wasted West sourcebook shows up (hey PEG, whats the deal?!?), your
guess is as good as mine.  I'd guess that, even if nuclear power caught on
with irradiated ghost rock, the vast majority of energy would still focus on
fossil fuels (nothing has managed to put a dent in our own consumption curve).
I'm not sure if ghost rock would be more widespread than coal... I'd guess
that coal would be cheaper, but ghost rock would burn hotter and you could get
more energy per ton out of it than coal.

Spook juice is probably a type of gasoline refined from ghost rock... again,
burns hotter and you get more energy output (better gas mileage) from it than
petroleum-based fuels.

Also, fuel cells would probably be widespread in HoE... I know very little
about them other than they convert fuel directly into energy via a chemical
reaction, very clean, great output.