Re: [HoE] One small complaint....

My thoughts. First, we want the best parts of Mad Max, of Morrow Project,
Gamma World, and so on. No lie there. We also want a cool new blend of our own
stuff, and we want some relevance and some nostalgia to the world we know. The
president who got gutted for having an affair? Who do you think inspired that?
(Someone who should be gutted, IMOH, but we'll leave that alone.)

There are also a ton of in-jokes and references that only we know. Kent
Belfore, for instance, who assassinated Mr. Devlin in RoB, was one of mine and
Goff's very best friends in college (he was also a strategic *genius*), but we
never see him anymore. In the upcoming comic, the bad guy is our insurance
agent.

All that's just trivia. We want the game to be gritty and horrific, but one of
the ways I believe you point out the horror is by contrast. A game like Kult
is too heavy. You just can't be scared all night. Cthulu wins because it *is*
funny. Face it, losing SAN and dying in droves (for most of us) is funny.

So we'll try to walk the line. I'm sorry if you found Movie Town or the WOTC
game centers or the Killer Tomatoes cliched or too silly, but we also wanted
to point out how you can take inspiration from the things you and your friends
think are humorous or interesting.

In the end, the bad guys will still be waiting for you. They may be grinning
from the shadows of Disneyland, but they've still got teeth the size of Bowie
knives. . .

Shane