Re: [HoE] [hoe] Lucky S.O.B

In a message dated 4/3/99 10:55:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
frasierbros@yahoo.com writes:

<< Note: This is one of 15 new hexslinger hexs I've written for my Wasted
 West Lawdog/Hexslinger.  I'm going to be sending out a few more of
 these.  Please comment.

 Lucky S.O.B
 Trait: Smarts
 Hand: 2 pair
 Speed: 1
 Duration: 1 Wind/round
 Range: Self

 The hexslinger with this hex repels bullets.  No matter how much lead
 is thrown at him, NOTHING manages to hit.  The bullets instead strike
 inanimate objects near or carried by the hex >>

Well, my first thought on reading this is that if I were Marshaling and a
player brought this hex to me, I would say, "Why can't you just use Missed
Me!?,".  However, I think that Lucky S.O.B. is a pretty well balanced hex.
While it worried me that it granted total immunity to bullets, it does seem
to be immunity only to bullets, while Missed Me! works against a variety of
projectiles.  Also, the requirement of a hand of Two Pair makes it difficult
enough to justify the benefits.  I think it's a pretty well balanced hex.
One word of advice though from someone who's been playing a Huckster for
quite a while now, don't rely too much on a hex which costs a minimum of Two
Pair, your character will really be a lucky S.O.B. if he is able to pull this
hex off very often.

	Geoff