Re: [HoE] re: Infestations review

charles@chameleon-eclectic.com writes:

<< That being said, I sure hope this adventure doesn't gain a reputation as
 a posse-killer before anyone's even played it. It did get several
 play-throughs before publication, and while challenging, it never seemed
 to have an inordinate level of character death, even with beginning
 players and characters. Your mileage may vary, of course, but I hope that
 people will give it a chance at least! >>

I certainly hope my one statement won't give the Infestations adventure a bad
reputation, I thought it looked like a very challenging and interesting
adventure, sorry I didn't make that clear in my earlier post.  I will
certainly run it at some point, it's just that before I do so I will look at
it very carefully to see how good the player's characters chances are.  Of
course I think that a good Marshall does that with any adventure.  Any
adventure that a Marshall runs, whether published or self-made, the
difficulty is really up to the Marshall.  And even if Infestations does turn
out to be as difficult as I first thought, that just makes it more rewarding
for a posse that can overcome it.  I personally felt immense pride when my
Huckster character was one of the only 2 characters out of 5 in our group
that survived Night Train, and all of the players had a fun time.  However, I
have some players that get very protective of certain characters, and I
understand that.  I have had a few characters which I spent a great deal of
time creating, and having them get killed disappoints me to say the least.
So before an adventure in which I plan on really letting the players have it,
I tell them that they might want to try a new character for that adventure,
so if it dies, no big loss.  This is the sentence where I would normally come
to some sort of concluding point, but I can't seem to think of one.

Geoff