Re: [HoE] Seeing mutilated bodies

----------
> From: Rich <toadpooka@usa.net>
> To: hoe@gamerz.net
> Subject: Re: [HoE]  Seeing mutilated bodies
> Date: Tuesday, January 12, 1999 3:29 PM
>
> If you assume that a character who's been around dead bodies a lot
doesn't have to make Guts checks
> when he sees more, why not say that one who's been around abominations a
lot doesn't have to when he
> runs into one?
--------------

Now I have to admit that I haven't seen too many dead bodies in my lifetime
(a couple of funeral wakes and a visit to a Gross Anatomy lab at a med
school) but I sort of think that if you've seen one dead and mutilated
body, you've kind of seen them all.  Sure, maybe the next mutilated body is
REALLY mutilated (which seems to happen a lot in HoE) but that would be a
special case.  However, I think in the case of Abominations, they are each
very unique and each one has to be handled differently.
I do like the idea you bring up about not having to roll Aces on the Scart
Table though to show that the character is not as affected by whatever
caused the roll.

Don S.