Re: [HoE] Seeing mutilated bodies

When you walk into a funeral parlor or an anatomy lab, you certainly expect to see a dead body lying
around (nevermind that an embalmed corpse or prepared cadaver is very different than a freshly
killed body).  However, it's another thing to just happen to walk up on one when you're out on the
trail.  Besides whatever killed it, there's probably a lot of decomposition, maybe worms or swarms
of ants munching away on the face, signs of a long and painful death, horrible smells, etc.
Now, according to the Terror chart, seeing a body in a funeral parlor or anatomy lab wouldn't even
require a roll.  "Just a body" is not even listed.  A "gruesome corpse," akin to the ant-eaten bit I
described earlier is a 7, with 3d6 on the Scart Chart.  A dismembered corpse, say a victim of a
vivisection, is 9, with 4d6 on the chart.  Assuming you don't reroll Aces, that makes the maximum
effect for the first corpse 3d6 Wind, and for the second body, a Major Phobia.  Even if you fail the
roll, the results aren't that bad.  I still think the best solution is to just have players buy Guts
skills appropriate to their characters' experience.