Re: [HoE] [OT] Copyrights and Such...

I'm not too concerned about White Wolf's advertising and their use of the
term "Reckoning" and their choice of font.  I think it may be in Pinnacle's
best interest to consult a trademark attorney, but I don't think Reckoning
is a term they are too concerned in having games related trademarks to at
any rate.

What I do want to put forward here is how impressed I am at the professional
and mature demeanor that Pinnacle has put forth.  As we watch White Wolf,
WoTC, TSR, and Steve Jackson Games running around and sueing other games
industry companies left and right over the slightest provocation at how
Pinnacle has remained among the companies with dignity and pride and
dedication to their cause... which is gaming.  In fact with the miniatures
production line problems that Pinnacle has had since last August I must say
how impressed I was with Shane's handling of that incident.  While many
businessmen would have pointed fingers and slandered or evaded, Shane
addressed his loyal customers and informed them of the general reason for
the conflict, accepted the lion's share of the blame for the problem, and
then did not name the other company involved and went so far as to ask those
on the newsgroup who knew the name of that company not to mention it as he
did not want that other company to have any negative repercussions.  That my
friends, is what "professional" means.

I have great respect for Pinnacle and the staff there and they have
repeatedly proved deserving of that respect.  I don't think they'll rush out
and sue White Wolf over a minor thing like this.  They have worked with them
in the past doing a three part crossover dime novel series and probably have
developed a good relationship because of this.  I like to see this
cameraderie in the gaming industry.  It's too small of an industry to play
the Bill Gates cutthroat game and I'd rather see the companies working
together to grow the market rather than try and crush one another for a
relatively small market.

Just my 2 cents.

Steven Nelson
sdnelson@advancenet.net