Re: [HoE] Question # of the Day

> >And yes, Black Hole creates an actual black hole, not just increased
> >gravity.
>
>Um... that's what a Black Hole is... a lot of increased gravity.  :-)

Yes, but "increased gravity" isn't necessarily a black hole or comes from
the creation of a black hole, as most comic book heroes & villains with such
powers can attest.

>Okay - in these instances it's good to fall back on the intent of the
>writer.  In this case, physics aside,  the writer(s) wanted a gravity well
>to lock characters into a location, without it being a dual-use combat
>spell by doing damage as well.

That's the puzzling thing - you'd think if they did want that, they would
have opted for your standard comic-book "increased gravity" and not tossed
in the somewhat more complex black hole/singularity stuff.

>The power creates a small, very unstable singularity.  The key word is
>small - if someone can pull themselves away from it, it's not very powerful
>to begin with.

Well, that would be where my lack of physics would betray.  How "weak" can a
black hole/singularity be and still exist as such?

But appreciated the rest of the suggestions.

---

Steve Crow

"Worm Can Opener Extraordinare"

Check out my website at:  http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/4991/