Re: [HoE] Question #2 of the Day - Powerup

-----Original Message-----
From: Darrin Bright <darrin@neobright.net>
To: hoe@gamerz.net <hoe@gamerz.net>
Date: Friday, May 28, 1999 4:59 AM
Subject: Re: [HoE] Question #2 of the Day - Powerup

>> Since "Hovercar" is given as an example, it seems the intent was that
>> carscould be powered by this miracle as well.  From what I recall of the
WW
>> Companion, many cars are electrical by 2081.
>
>Hovercar/hovercycles use turbine engines. Although they do rely on
electrical
>components, they still need some sort of fuel to burn in the turbine. There
is
>no such thing as a turbine that runs entirely on electricity as far as I'm
aware
>of.  If the electrical components on a hover vehicle were missing or not
>working, then Power Up might work on those... but you'd still need fuel
make a
>combustion or turbine engine work.

The table lists 'Hovertank' not 'Hovercar', and the Hovertank in
Roadwarriors states that its powered by a fusion reacter making me think
that they are electrical, so why can't a hovercar or bike?

>Any really complex machine is going to have a lot of different components,
and
>only some will be electrical. And you're right, we don't have any idea of
how
>some of the tech in HOE works.

In Leftovers (no real spoiler here) the Doomsayer uses Powerup on an old
pick up he has. I guess we must conclude that its an electric car

Christopher Merrill
W.H.A.T.T. Member