Re: [HoE] Star Wars[OT]

Actually, the patent for Monopoly ran out years ago;
even the renewed one has already run out. And aren't
there non-Hasbro toy makers? If there are, Hasbro
isn't a complete horizontal monopoly (yet).

--- Darrin Bright <darrin@neobright.net> wrote:
> At 12:03 PM 12/11/99 -0800, you wrote:
> >Wizards of the Coast is a vertical monopoly, not a
> >horizontal monopoly. Last I checked, vertical
> >monopolies *are* legal, while horizontal ones
> aren't.
>
> WotC is owned by a horizontal monopoly, namely
> Hasbro. Hasbro owns a huge
> share of the toy, game, and boardgame markets, and
> they are determined to
> drown us in Monopoly clones. I guess if you really
> love Monopoly it's kind
> of a sweet deal.

=====
The always backlogged Michael Shindler, ICQ #13820058
http://members.xoom.com/martin_etc/links.htm
v3.12 GU d+(-) s+:- a--- c++ w++ PS+ R+ tv+ b++ DI++++, D, G, e-, r--