Re: [HOE] more technical questions

>1) How Big is a Heavy Cyborg in Dreadnought Armour? Can they fit through
>doors?  Can they get into vehicles?  We were originally playing it that the
>Cyborg in DN Armour could not get into doors or vehicles at all.  This
>based on the pictures for the Template "Drone" and the Picture of the
>Cyborg looking down at the scientist.  In addition, is a Cyborg in DN
>Armour still size 6?  Does his size go up?  I figure a Cyborg in any other
>Armour would not have a size change or trouble getting into doors/vehicles,
>based on the Template "Heavy Can".

For size - pretty much go with the picture of the Heavy Can.  Big. . . dern
big.  But don't give them a size bonus.  The armor probably bumps the size
up to 7 or 8, but the body inside is still size 6.

>2) How Much does a Cyborg in Heavy or Dreadnought Armour Weigh?  How Much
>does any Cyborg weigh? This became important as the PC (a Heavy with DN
>Armour) wanted to ride in a dump truck or something, and I thought he was
>too heavy.  Do they fall through floors?  How Heavy and Armoured can a
>Cyborg be and ride in vehicles or walk on floors, or even not always sink
>like a rock.

This is pretty much a Marshal discretion call.  Since the difference
between infiltrator and heavy can is mostly the amount of money they get
for gear, it is possible for a heavy can to pick up an array of
"lightweight" electronic components.

At the upper end, I would say that a fully loaded can wouldn't wiegh more
then 800-1000 pounds.  Even then, the battlefield disadvantages would be
significant enough to be a tactical worry of the commanding officer.
Something that size would have problems in urban environements - doorways
and buildings with multiple floors.  And to a lesser degree, in "natural"
environements.  Think of the problems with mud.

>3)  How Much Durability does most weapons and Armour have.  I know the AR
>say most guns have about 10 durability, and we have Durability for Weird
>West Armour, like Mad Scientist Armour.  What about Kevlar and Infantry
>Battlesuits?  Do HoE Guns average 10 Durability as well?  Also, are there
>going to be any rules (such as Denver: The Place No One Goes) Going to have
>durabilities for Cyborg or Powered Armour?  Right now I am doing as
>suggested but I am curious.

There isn't anything official (that I know of) in regards to durability.

>4) Can Caretaker Toxic Shamans have Faith: Traditional Indian if that is
>part of their mindset (fighting Pollution vs. Pollution?)  I was thinking
>maybe.  While they would be able to have no Guardian Spirits, could they
>learn Rituals and Favors anyway as per normal Indians with Faith then?

Well, there is a general rule that only in the most noteable exceptions can
two arcane backgrounds be combined.

Now - in this case - I would say that such a shaman would have to pick up
both Arcane Background: Shaman, and Arcane Background: Toxic Shaman, but he
would only need to buy Faith once.  He could then pick his powers between
both traditions.
Any totems would have to be toxic.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com