Re: [HOE]How are the new books

Dirk wrote:

> Steve Crow wrote:
>
> > >[SPOILERS - MARSHALLS ONLY!]

> > >[I SAID MARSHALLS ONLY, TINHORN!]
> > >

> > >this adventure. The only way you can really "win" as far as I can tell
> > >is to grab a bunch of sacks of the "super-grow grain", but this is only
> > >mentioned in passing ONCE at the end, and it's never mentioned anywhere
> > >in the adventure where this grain is or how the PCs would conceivably
> > >take enough of it to feed the nearby communities. Unless some heavy
> > >hints were dropped by the GM, I can't imagine any party would even
> > >*think* of grabbing a bunch of grain. If it does occur to anybody, and
> >
> > Your mileage may of course vary, but my party grabs _anything_ that looks
> > valuable if it's portable.  And sometimes if its not...  :)
> >
> > >they do manage to get enough of it past the army of walkin' dead, the
> > >adventure is especially vague on why they should be rewarded for this,
> > >since everything that comes out of this Biodome place is tainted and
> > >gradually turns people into faminites. Why would the PCs be rewarded for
> > >turning townsfolk into faminites? And really, how is one sack of grain
> >
> > I'm not familiar with the adventure (yet), but that does sound like somewhat
> > of a downer.  Don't have my Spirit Warriors book with me, but could a toxic
> > shaman do something with the stuff?  Or an old-style Blessed?  Sounds more
> > like the problem would be determining that the taint exists in the first
> > place prior to a bunch of townfolk gettin' contaminated.
> >
> > ---
> >
> > Steve Crow
> >
> > "Worm Can Opener Extraordinare"
> >
> > Check out my website at:  http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/4991/
> >

> I think that the grain was the one un-tainted food in the place, and the fact
> that it grows super fast in the desert wastes is how it is meant to feed the
> town.  Any ways, I liked the adventure... just the thing to show my munchkin
> posse that disgression is sometimes the better part of valor.

Well, admittedly I didn't give the adventure a really thorough reading,
but I couldn't find anything about where this super-grow grain was
stored, why it didn't have any taint, and how the PCs were supposed to
find this out and get it out of the complex.

I don't really want to call the adventure "bad", but as-written, that's
what it is. With a little work though, it could easily become a very
good adventure.