[HOE] Are the books 'too big'?

By the way, I'm 24 years old,
     But, I was thinking about the Wasted West Sourcebook and how it has more
ideas in it than just about anything I ever bought.  And then it occurred to
me how most MArshalls use their own ideas,

    And I had this question.  Exactly HOW much of this material ever ACTUALLY
gets used?  In my HoE games, I've seen it used very sporadically, and at a
rate where in 1000 years we'll actually have had some completion, funny, I've
had dates like that too.