Re: [HOE] The Combine

First off, does the Combine know that the Templar is a Templar?  If the
character is doing it right, they shouldn't.
As for the Doomie, I'd imagine they'd shoot her on sight too; not so much
because of any ideological purpose like with the Templars, but because
she chould potentially toast them without having any weapons on her at
all.
As for the Combine's relationship with the groups.  They've got open
conflict in the Nevada area with the green-robers, so they're none to
fond of that.  The purple-robers are more concerned with wiping out Silas
that fighting the Combine, so any grudges there are probably personal.
Of course, with the results of the Boise Horror adventure, the
purple-robed Doomies are officially on the side of the Templars and
Junkyard, so they're probably just as high priority targets as the first
two.
Now, if any of you have ever read Slaughterhouse Five, you might
recognize the plan I'm about to outline.  In that book, the Nazis had an
officer who dressed up in an SS uniform and a cowboy hat.  He carried a
flag with a red,white and blue swastika.  They had this guy go around to
all the POW camps to ask the American soldiers if they wanted to get out
in exchange for fighting on the Russian front.  He explained that America
would be fighting against russia right after the War anyway, so this way
they could do a service to their country and help the Germans at the same
time.  There wouldn't be any conflict of interest because they wouldn't
be fighting against Americans.
I could see the Combine trying a tactic like this, allowing a Schismatic
her freedom in exchange for getting a chip and being sent to Nevada to
fight against Silas' bunch.

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:32:24 -0000 "John Horner"
<johnw.horner@virginnet.co.uk> writes:
> I know about the order to shoot Templers on the spot, but am more
> interested in the relationship with the Cult of Doom and Joan's
faction.

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich Ranallo

"Guns Don't Kill People. Irresponsible, Short-Sighted Lobby Groups Do."

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.