Re: [HOE] A Body Control question...

>   So, I'm adding two virgin players to our group, one is playing a Junker
> Cyborg, and another is playing a Banshee Syker.
>   The player making the Syker pulled some really average cards during
> character creation, but not enough to not qualify (we go with the
character
> templates as a minimum draw).  So, he had to put quite a few d6's in
> physical traits since he needed his two high dice in Knowledge and Vigor.
> He's decided that Body Control is one that he will absolutely need (for
> those situations when he needs to shoot a rifle or get in a fistfight).
>   I was re-reading Body Control, and I thought of a possible suckass
problem
> that I wanted to nip in the bud before he even tries it.
>   The question I've got is:
>
>   If a Syker uses Body Control to bump up his Vigor, WOULD it add to his
> Strain?
>
>   In my own opinion, I wouldn't see why not, since it would go away quite
> fleetingly, and if he uses it at the wrong time, would end up leaving
> himself open to brainburn.  He wouldn't really get any benefit, actually,
> just a temporary boost that would come back to bite him in the ass
> afterwards.
>
>   Any opinions?
>
>   - Rebis
>
>   (formerly The Worm Ouroboros)
>

>   "Gimme a red."

You know I don't see that much problem with it.

Once the power is exhausted he's at negative strain, I don't recall off the
top of my head if that qualifies or not for brainburn, but if he managed to
figure out that it would increase his strain go for it.  How much could he
realisticly get, more than the cost of the power itself?  Maybe but not
enough to make it seriously overpowered since you can't do it twice.

I'd let it slide as a fluke of the system and a possible method for screwing
with him.  After it wears off hit him with a 2 wind per point over penalty
until he gets all his strain back.  If he really does squeeze a lot out of
it he may knock himself unconsious.

Ron Conner
Sadistic marshal