Re: [HOE] emp chips

> Why would Throckmorton shield the headbanger chips of heavily armed thigs
> with guns?  Shielding is expensive, thugs with guns are cheap.

It'd also be impractical for Throckmorton to overhaul the machines that
probably just produce thesethings automatically.  Also, remember, EMP
shielding things NOW is very expensive, but this is the future- they always
do things better in the future :) .  I'd imagine it's actually more
practical for Throckmorton to just leave the factories as is, particularly
because they work just fine they way they are and if they were changed, that
would probably destabilize them, and that means they could stop being able
to produce chips at all.  Besides, I'd imagine they can dig the chips out of
dead ones who didn't go boom (they don't automatically detonate on the BH's
death, do they?), so they're recyclable!

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times