[HOE] Cyborg's and shield synchronizers...

Looks like I finally get to be on the player's side of the radiation screen!
And of course, I've come up with a character that's causing issues...

I've got an infiltrator cyborg with a kinetic shield.  The description of
the shield equipment states that it interferes with outgoing attacks as
well, unless the cyborg has a shield synchronizer attached to the weapon.
OK, but I can't find such a thing in the book.  I can't find it in the
rulings either.  Is there a melee version and a ranged/gun version?  Cost?

Thanks!

Jeff Y.