Re: Re: [HOE] Yet another Unity review... (Shane)

> >SPOILER SPACE

> >But that's a narrow point of view about what a campaign should be, >isn't
> >it?  Campaigns are developed by the Marshal and his/her players, >not by
> >the game designer's concept.  If the group wants to play >hardened
> >survivors looking out for only their own skins, it's a >perfectly
> >legitimate tone for the game, even if it means many of the >pre-made
> >adventures won't fit properly as they are.
>
> You are correct, but you can't expect to be happy with premade adventures
if
> you choose to deviate from the original Game Concept.  The problem is that
> everyones complaint(for the most part) stem from the debate that "My Posse
> wouldn't do that" or "My Posse would kill him".  Well then your posse
> doesn't fit the adventure.  Either change it(by the way for those greedy
> players,  Not only is the Unity itself a Treasure Trove of High Tech
> Treasure,  but the fact that Banshee is still an almost untapped resource
of
> ghost rock can help motivate them) or don't use it.   Just don't bitch
> because your Posse doesn't fit the Standard HOE model.
>
> Dan
-I'm gonna hava chip in here. When I run HOE, I try and stick with the game
concept as much as possible. In my opinion if I want a bunch of evil
backstabbing players I'm gonna run a White Wolf game.

As far as Unity goes, I loved it for what it was. My thoughts on store
bought adventures are read them, get the general concept, and if you need to
hack and hack and hack until it fits your party. If Shane was able to write
an adventure that every concievable posse would fit perfectly into I would
be *very* impressed. The very nature of a marshal is to tailor the
setting/game to your players. That's why in every gaming book the authors
make sure to enforce the point that ANY rule or concept is subject to your
discretion.

not trying to sound to anal
~rob