Re: [HOE] Hucksters and Strain

--- Jeff Shoffner <shoffner@usit.net> wrote:
> Ah, but as you pointed out, this is Stake, not
> Strain!  :-)
>
> Also, that's why I picked Spirit.  Characters need
> Vigor to have lots of
> Wind, but most folks write off Spirit.

What folks are those?  Spirit is your Gut-check stat.
It's the one that helps you avoid those nasty
"your-character-dies-of-a-heart-attack-while-filling-his-pants-with-shit"
results.  Spirit is vitally important to several
Arcane Backgrounds (Blessed, Toxic Shamans, Templars,
Sykers (who wants a 3d6 Brain Blast?) and Martial
Artists), including Hucksters, since many of the
direct damage Hexes are rolled off of Spirit.  Unless
I have some special circumstance in mind, any
Deadlands character I create has at least d8s in
Spirit and usually higher.

If I want Wind, Spirit gives me that too - and I can
buy Tough as Nails.

> Jeff S

=====
"I am Justice.  I am Fate.  I am what happens totinpot scum like yourselves when you begin to sufferfrom delusions of adequacy.  I am the Shithammer ofGod swinging down from Heaven to smash you back intothe wastelands that spawned you.  There comes a timewhen fear, greed and evil must be redressed.  The timeis now, the place is here and God help anyone who getsin my way." - Malachi Shepherd