Re: [HOE] d20, guns and Star Wars

----- Original Message -----
Date: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 8:30 am
Subject: Re: [HOE] d20, guns and Star Wars

> It never happens at the climax of the move that the
> hero misses a crucial swing.  Imagine if Luke had
> missed the exhaust port.  There is no real way to
> capture that element of 'heroics' in the d20 system.

If you can't capture heroics in the d20 system, I think it's more of a
problem with the way you're playing it rather than the system itself.
I've played and ran D&D 3e and the d20 Star Wars system, and it can
totally be a heroic game.

I'm not understanding the point of your exhaust port analogy - you want
to make sure a hero hits the exhaust point?  Have the hero spend a
Force Point in d20 Star Wars and it increases his chance to hit by a
large percentage.

I think WotC did a pretty good job with the d20 Star Wars; having
played both WEG and WotC versions of Star Wars, I prefer the WotC
system much better.

I really got the impression with WEG that they were talking to down to
you and also trying to shove morality down your throat, WotC did not.
--
Randy Mosiondz | mosiondz@shaw.ca | ICQ 2585758
http://members.shaw.ca/mosiondz