Re: [HOE] Unity Spoilers in Lost Colony

>From: PEGShane@aol.com
>To: hoe@gamerz.net
>Subject: Re: [HOE] Unity Spoilers in Lost Colony
>Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:57:55 EDT
>
>In a message dated 8/14/2002 4:03:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>crash01234567890@hotmail.com writes:
>

> > Something about a sword was a
> > hundred times better. The only good that came out of this adventure is
>my
> > syker now has 54 strain. Well just had to get that out of my system.
>
>Hi Crash,
>
>DIfferent strokes for different folks. Actually, I liked Something About a
>Sword too, but it's rated as one of the worst adventures we've ever done by
>most of our fans. My Leftovers adventure/Dime Novel also got a 0 out of 5
>in
>a major French magazine--the same week I won an Origins Award for it.
>
>So all that said, I like the Unity. I think it kicks butt, and it's the
>highest-selling HOE product we've ever done besides the core books. Is it a
>lot of combat. Sure was intended to be, but if that's not what your group
>likes, you can certainly try to outsmart the bad guys in some of the
>encounters instead of straight out fighting them. That's *your* choice. Was
>it linear? Absolutely. You try tying up a 3 year storyline while starting
>another one (A must lead to B must lead to C) without being linear.
>
>So I love the Unity and am very proud of it. Sorry if you didn't. Really,
>but
>it's a you can't please all of the people all of the time kinda thing. I
>didn't think Crouching Tiger, HIdden Dragon was all that good, but everyone
>else loved it. Go figger.
>
>Shane

Gotta agree with Shane on this one.  As a longstanding, card-carrying
Marshal, I gotta say that this has been the best adventure I've ever ran. My
players are eating up every plot-soaked page of it, and screaming for more.
The character portrayals are the best they've ever been, having things from
a confessed love from one character to another during a climactic battle
against Raven's undead, ("If we don't get out of this, Alex...I love you.")
to a near mental breakdown by the party Doomsayer during Hellstromme's
arrival as the Harbinger, to the party gunslinger spitting venomous curses
on the Red Hat who murdered his wife...(my little extra.)

And we're not even past ComSat yet.

I absolutely cannot wait to see what will happen when the Mercenaries For
Mankind, (my posse's name for themselves) run into the price of the trip to
The Unity...courtesy of Apostolos.  Will the Templar lay down his life for
the sake of mankind, or will the party break down into internecine fighting
to see who will die for Apostolos' bargain?

Only time will tell.

At any rate, Shane, my players and I thank you for an absolutely wonderful
adventure and of course, to you and your staff for HOE in the first place.

And by the way...Crouching Tiger sucked.

Shawn Franklin
Loyal Marshal since 1998