[HOE] Road Warriors

I had an interesting session last Sunday. I had been wanting to try out
the vehicle rules, as my posse has 4 ground vehicles and an ultralight.
  the ultralight was grounded at the moment, though, and one biker was
unavailable for the game, so his character 'hung back providing
rearguard services.'

Besides some grumbling about fuel costs for the ultralight (And I even
allow some gliding based off a good flying roll when I'm pretty sure
the RW MPG ratings are considered averages encompassing normal use[1])
we had a fun setup where the posse had two jeeps and a motorcycle
facing off against a Cadillac with a turreted assault rifle and a van
with a fighting position to hold the local leader of the Hell's
Plumbers[2].

Did I mention that the posse had definite information that their
Templar's sister was possibly in these vehicles?

My posse got a bit frustrated when the see that I'm rolling 5d12 for
driving from the gang's professional drivers. The chase rules seem like
a good concept, although I have a few questions summarized below... The
posse was losing ground, but shots were being exchanged, and they never
had to even worry about the junker with a big rail gun in the back of
the caddie due to poor cards.

Feeling frustrated, they let the Doomsayer go off, and he dropped a
nuke at range in front of the lead vehicle, the cadillac. Improvising
wildly, we figured out what damage bracket each vehicle would be in and
went from there. The enemy vhiecles weren't damaged too bady... The
Nuke went off far enough away to reduce it to light damage, although
the doomsayer got it up to a core 7d12 or so base damage! Both villian
cars got a tire shredded, and the people in the ring-mount turret and
the fighting position got trashed (except for the boss, who I was
spending chips on...)

The posse's jeeps weren't too badly hurt. Cover helped a bit, keeping
one shooter alive and the posse vehciles were only (only!) in 3d12
land.  The one bike in the group got toasted, though... Lost a
durability step, took a hit, and the driver was a bit scorched. Oh, and
the bike's driver has the Flashbacks soldier hindrance, so he knows
he's oly got a few rounds to be effective.

I'm working on how to handle the crashed rode as we continue through
posse actions. A few shots are exchanged, but then the aforementioned
soldier uses those nifty AP grenades on his rifle with difficult shots
through windows into the van, and follows up with one into the caddie.

Chunkage follows. The mooks in each vehicle (Including the drivers!)
are reduced to a thick red past. The templar's sister is seriously
wounded. I burn through the stack of chips I've accumulated to keep the
boss alive, and he even manages to jump from a vehicle moving 70 mph
and come up fighting!

I handwave the situation... The now-driverless enemy vehicles crash and
even rescue the sister (Oh, and there's the body of her mother in the
van, too. Nasty situation, but it resolved a LOT of plot confusion in
one fell swoop).

Anyway, the posse was successful, albeit in a very different way than I
intended. The Soldier is going to leave the group... nearly killing the
posse Templar's sister is not a good thing. But it was still a good
session...

Anyway, on to some questions...

How is massive damaged handled for vehicles? because it gets the bonus
of being an anti-vehicle weapon if it's close enough, I said it only
did one hit, but I've reconsidered that since. Of course, since it
would have potentially put some of the hero's vehicles out of
commission even worse, it's no big deal.

In the Chase rule's do the vehicle movement phases apply, or are they
rolled into the chase roll mechanic? If so, do drivers still lose their
high card?

[1] I drive a Jeep, and RW's claimed 30 mpg isn't gonna happen anytime
soon... 'Course, the jeep in RW is a 2070's model or better...)

[2] The name I solicited for input a few weeks ago worked fine... The
posse felt that any gang with such a goofy name deserved to be taken
out on general principle.