Re: [HOE] Shan Fan (SPOILERS)

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 02:42  PM, mosiondz@shaw.ca wrote:

> SPOILER SPACE
>
> .
>

> My posse decided they'd like to head down to Shan Fan to look into a
> biotech company that produced some of the material used in the
> creation of the E. Pustule Rens virus (from the "Infested" dime novel)
> as well as another bioweapon research facility in Louisiana (from my
> own adventures).  Shan Fan is in the middle of a maelstrom, and has a
> large mutant gang that rules the area.  When they eventually get to
> the biotech facility, what type of nastiness should they have waiting
> for them?  I'm thinking that this biotech company has been supplying
> material for bioweapons for all of the C.S.A., so I'm thinking of
> having a fairly nasty servitor of Pestilence here.  Anybody have some
> good ideas for a storyline around this?

An interesting idea I'm working on for an upcoming adventure is an
Urban Renewal-esque adventure set in an abandoned asylum... Images of
tours of such facilities can be found all over the net. I'm setting
mine in Deadwood (for other plot concerns) and will probably not use a
servitor-class critter as the boss, but I haven't decided yet.

Anyway, these locations are full of tons of human misery... Most of
them were built around the beginning of the 20th century, and saw use
as tuberculosis wards, medical hopistals, and other applications in
addition to the planned purpose, which was often simply to lock up
those deemed insane with no real treatment plan. If treeatment was
done, a lot of it would be considered barbaric... Electroconvulsive
therapy, massive drugs, lobotomy surgery, etc.

The amount of 'bad spirits' inhabiting a place such as this in a
deadlands setting would be monstrous. And some of the spirits wouldn't
be too sane, either.

Perhaps a biochem company would acquire such a location to use as a
more secluded lab/test facility/dungeon depending on the level of
corruption you want from the pre-war company.