Re: [HOE] starting a Templar branch on Banshee

----- Original Message -----
From: "David R Goecke" <mightygecko@juno.com>
To: <hoe@gamerz.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [HOE] starting a Templar branch on Banshee

> On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:10:30 -0400 "c m hylton" <cmhylton@earthlink.net>
> writes:

> > Ok in response to David's post.  The Reckoners are gone, this is
> > true.  They
> > escaped but also that the ship's flight path is a curve as it came
> > down.  it
> > is possible that the part that had the Reckoners may have broken
> > away from
> > the main part of the Unity and thus...
> > The box may have opened right before the ship broke up and released
> > them,
> > but with the violent shaking and damage.  The party is on One and
> > the
> > Reckoners are on Two. I think that's how its figured in the book
>

> The reckoners are definatly on Two, no doubt about it, but where is the
> Hell Hole? I think it would be too easy for someone to stumble across the
> nature of it if it's on One. And the posse is with the part of the ship
> that has the Hell Hole. "The Unity" says that the posse can discover it
> if they go investigating the rest of the wreck they "land" in. And the
> box the reckoners were in landed with the posse, so I would assume that
> the Reckoners got out when the ship crashed on Banshee (on the ground
> that is), and the posse should probably stay conscious until touch down
> (they'd see the Reckoners get out), leaving them all on Two. Maybe
> that'll all be cleared up in the Lost Colony Companion.
>
> I pretty much want to make it very difficult for anyone from HoE to make
> it to the population of One. Warfield is waiting for orderes from his
> superiors before he moves in to wipe out the Anouks. What if someone from
> HoE was able to convince everyone that Earth was blown to Hell (quite
> literally) and that Warfield IS the highest ranking UN official? The war
> would start up again in full.
>
> Dave

Well, that is true.  However, lets say that the Unity was more durable than
most ships due to the portal, however I hafta wonder if it crashed and
spread debris over large expanse.   I think they left the location of the
Portal deliberately ambiguous due to this fact. Put it anywhere.  We know
that the only fact is the Reckoners are on Two.  That was the only concrete
info.  So, looking at the map, it appears that the ship went from West to
East, debris could have scattered throughout several posibilities.  I am
figuring that the Reckoners were in the center of Two, the box landed in
Death Valley, and the rest of ship (crew and such) land on SouthWestern
coast of One, possibly on the Trail of Spears.

Of course, its fairly ambiguous since there isn't a "Devil's Tower" on
Banshee (though it looks kinda like one may be on the Windward Islands).

C M Hylton