[pbmserv-dev] RE: The "debate" over graphics

Hello,

I was away when the debate started, but I hope I am not too late.

Generating graphics is not really a difficult task at all.
I favor "fly" wich is a GD library (www.boutell.com) front-end.
It take a text input and build a graphic file (GIF) based on basic command.
One of the feature is to read a GIF and write it somewhere into another one.

If we use a technique similar to the one used by Zillions
(www.zillions-of-games.com)
it is easy to draw Pieces on a background Board graphics.
Transparency is a must of course.

David GLAUDE