boards

> high resolution graphics?   Eventually 80 column mode terminal emulation
> will fade away.  I wonder what others feel about this.  Please note that
> I am not saying that Play by email games will fade away.  As long as people
> are awake at different times around the globe, I think an email server is
> a great solution for playing games with opponents around the world.
> The thing [I am complaining about] is we are restricting ourselves to an
> old format that some newer players may find unattractive and it may not
> capture and hold potential new players.

It is not "old" vs. "new". It is "universal" vs. "non-universal".

By the way, pbmserv-people are attracted to symbolic games. Those ones based
on simple geometric patterns with complex underlying structure. Hex,
Abalone, Othello, etc.
They won't go somewhere else just to play in a 3D technicolor enviroment.

Marcos