Re: Scramble boards

Douglas Zander <dzander@solaria.sol.net> writes:
> I have 2 questions: is there a new universal graphics
> format that we could use to display the boards as actual high resolution
> graphics?  and, Could we provide an option for those of us with older
> computers to use "plain text" and those of us with newer computers to display
> high resolution graphics?

It'd be relatively simple to make a backend that creates a GIF/PNG
image and transmits this to the users in the emails.  I suppose it'd
even be possible to do so without sacrificing any of the formats
universality using MIME alternatives, or we could simply decide that
people choose the board format they want (default: text).

This would be a lot easier than figuring out a way to get boards from
users mail accounts and presenting the boards using frontend
programs, but it would mean an added load to Richards Internet
connection and server.  So ultimately, it's up to Richard to decide if
this is what he wants with his server.

> Eventually 80 column mode terminal emulation will fade away.

Probably not in our lifetimes.
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen                                           "Woo hoo!?"