Re: The debate over graphics

> I wish to bring up some questions about these options and continue the debate.
> For option 1) would each player require a copy of the java applet to produce
> a graphic for a particular board?  Would this not mean that each player would
> be required to store a copy of each java applet for each game they wish to
> play?

  Java applets are stored on a web server and downloaded to the machine that
views the site each time it's accessed.  So yes, but the player wouldn't have
to worry about it.

> With option 2) would it take a lot more cpu time to call up a pre-made
> board and then draw the pieces on the graphic?  Do the pre-made graphic
> boards take up a considerable amount of memory?

  It would take more CPU time, but whether the increase would be acceptable,
only Richard can tell us.  Personally I wouldn't worry about that.
  They could be made not to take up much space - for example, by limiting
them to 16 colors.

  Please direct replies to this message to pbmserv-dev.