Re[2]: About Breakthrough strategy

Hello Richard,

Sunday, June 10, 2001, 11:18:59 AM, you wrote:

RM> Hi Melle,

RM> what do you mean Melle about size of board for Breakthrough ? What is better
RM> 8x8,7x7, another size ?

RM> rio

The  original  size is 8x8 (8 rows, 8 columns). However when I started
programming  the  game for my application, I created a board with only
7 rows and 7 columns, so a 7x7 sized board. There was no reason why I
did this. Just a mistake.

I  do  not  know  which  one  is  'better'. However I think that a 7x7
sized-board  might  be reason for a little bit faster/paced game (less
moves needed to reach the objective of the game..).

With a 6x6 sized board, the stones are almost in immediate contact
with one another. I guess the smaller the size of the board, the more
easy it will be for a mathemathician to prove who wins the game (the
one who starts the game or the one who plays second)...

--
Groeten,
 Melle                            mailto:mkoning@multiweb.nl