Re: Fwd: TwixT error

twixt seems to use both a "-size" parameter and a "--size" option,
but not a "set" command.
You may size the board anywhere from 24 to 104 with the "-size" parameter.
Also, you may set the "--size" option for your display.
Your display options are "small", "debug", "medium", and "large"
(note that "big" is equivalent to "large")
Please note that the word "size" is used for two different things here
and it may get confusing to a non-programmer.  If you use one hyphen then
it is setting a 'parameter' (the number of links in the board) i.e.
-size=73   <-- this means that you need at least 73 links to form a bridge
from side to side to win the game; the coordinate numbering system would
probably use aa, ab, ac, etc...
if you use two hyphens then you are setting an option that just happens
to be called the same thing ("size")  i.e.
--size=medium   <-- this means that the board (what-ever size it is) will
be displayed on your screen with 2 empty spaces between each peg hole
--size=large   <-- this will display with 3 empty spaces between peg holes

Note: if you choose -size=104 and --size=large  then I hope you have a
freaking humongous monitor that is at least as large as a small bus because
you'll need it in order to see the entire board at once!  :-)  :-)

Personally, I think the programmer should have used two different words
for the two different things involved.  maybe the programmer should have
used -size for the board size and --display for the size of the screen
display.  :-)

One last note: once you set the option ("--size") it stays in effect for
all your games until you change it.

--
 Douglas Zander            |
 dzander@solaria.sol.net   |