Gipf notation is kind of confusing

Would it be too much trouble to implement an alternate notation for
specifying moves in Gipf? When I make a move, I always know where I want
to add the piece and in which direction I want to push it, but I often
make a mistake in specifying what space the move is going to finish in. I
think it would be easier and less error-prone to specify the start and end
space of just the new piece being played, e.g. nd8-d7 would work even if
there are pieces being pushed. Or better yet, one could specify the start
space and the movement direction as a compass direction. For example,
gd8-SE or nh1-N.

--
				Karl J. von Laudermann
				karlvonl@geocities.com