Re: no more backgammon games sought for now! But help on syntax

"Bruce W. Miller" <galljug@btl.net> writes:
> do you need the <> around userid etc???  how about the move?

When replying to a board I have my mailer rewrite the subject to:

        backgammon move 9999 balker mypassword

and add the move at the end of the line.

> I need to move from 13 to 7 and 8 to 7 with a 6 and a 1 roll.

You have several options:

        13-7,8-7        (read: 13 to 7 and 8 to 7)
        13:6,8:1        (read: 13 takes 6, 8 takes 1)

However, if the first move decides what the second move can be (which
is often the case), you can just say what piece you want to move:

        13-7,8
        8-7,13
        8:1,13
        13:6,8

Even better, if the 8 can't use the 6 because it's blocked on 2, or
likewise for the 13 blocked on 12:

        13,8
        8,13

is enough.

If you want to use two dice on a single place:

        2x8

or with a double:

        2x8,13,15

Or, you want to use both dice on a single piece, and order is not important:

        8

If order is important:

        8:6:1

Any combination works, so try them out.
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen                                           "Woo hoo!?"