Re: Chess

> The last serious change in the rules of Chess occurred in the 1930s, ...
> ... I think the only rule changes since then have to do with time clocks
and
> touch move.  Nothing that you would see when you read the game moves after
> the fact.

I believe the new time rules (the most important one having been introduced
by Bobby Fischer) are generally considered a serious change, at least by
serious tournament players.  The notations of games don't include how much
time remains, but perhaps they should -- often the annotater has to insert
something like, "This move was clearly wrong, but the player had only a few
seconds left on his clock."

Mark Thompson
Chicago, IL
http://www.flash.net/~markthom/html/abstract_games.html