Re: some server questions

> I really did try to find the answers on the website but please be patient if
> I just didn't find the correct corner!  There were a couple of general
> server-based questions I had:
>
> 1) Is there a document listing all available server commands (i.e., more
> than the tutorial)?

you should always look at a concrete game and at the "other commands" link there.

> 2) How does one decline a challenge?

you simply resign before making your first move.

> 3) How does one resign a game (i..e.., concede)?

<gametyp> board <board-no> <userid> <passwd> Resign

> 4) Is there a summary of how the rating system works?  I know there is a
> weighting factor.  I have been losing games and incraseing my rating each

When you have an established rating (after 20 games of one type), your rating
will not go down when you win and not go up when you're losing. The server, however,
is biased towards a medium rating of ca. 1600. I have a different experience with
playing chu where I won three times in a row against three different opponents and
even lost one place in the ranking. Well ... just keep playing.

Cheers

Edi