Re: Risque behaviour

How about letting the Martians take over the armies of the player(s) who
resign...    Do you all understand what I mean?  :-)

Dirty Rotten Green Things!    :-)

What I would do is allow the orphaned armies to be controlled by a rotating
player, once per turn.  Kinda like Martian Risk when you only have two
players.  You could have say four players; a,b,c,and d.  c resigns so then
the next turn a sends in the move for the Martians (as well as his own armies)
then the next turn b sends in two sets of turns, then after that d sends in
two sets of moves, one for herself and one for the Martians.  Correct me
if I am wrong, but isn't this how Martian Risk is played?  (only sequentially)

Also, I am wondering if a dumb robot player could be built into the program
to just take over the orphaned armies and try its best to win.  :-)

Another thing I was thinking was maybe after Richard gets all of these (good)
suggestions, he could implement them all and have one of them implemented
as an option before the game starts.  For example; start a game with
such-and-such options and one of the options would be to decide how orphaned
armies are to be dealt with if a player should resign.
 -orphs=martians
 -orphs=robot
 -orphs=decay
 -orphs=obstacles
 -orphs=zombies-that-will-infect-other-armies-they-come-in-contact-with-and-
        will-randomly-move-around-the-world-and-can-never-die-through-battle-
        but-can-die-if-they-do-not-get-fresh-brains-to-eat-so-everyone-needs-
        to-avoid-contact-with-the-zombie-armies-until-they-die-of-hunger-
        after-about-thirteen-turns-oh-no-they-are-in-my-apartment-aaaaaaaaa-
        aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!