Re: go moku

| Not only Gomoku is solved, but even variants of it where more
| restrictions are set on the first player in order to balance the game.
| It's still a first player win.

Wouldn't that depend on the nature of the restrictions?

| I only remember an article about that in the ICGA (International
| Computer Games Association) journal (the game is called Renju there):

Renju has an active following around the world. It not only has several
restrictions on Black, it also has a complicated opening protocol which is
essentially 3-move equalization, with some further complications on move
5. In other words, the first player in Renju sets up a position with three
stones on the board (two black & one white), and the 2nd player then decides
which side to play. This implies the 2nd player would have at least a draw
with perfect play.

| Wágner, J. and Virág, I. (2001). Solving Renju. ICGA Journal, Vol. 24,
| No. 1, pp. 30-35.
|
| I am sure there are more references in this article.

Thanks for the reference!

David