Re: Popularity of various chess variants here

interesting stats, but...
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Trenholme" <abiword_bugs@yahoo.com>
To: <pbmserv-users@gamerz.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 5:38 AM
Subject: Popularity of various chess variants here

> I have attempted to determine the popularity of
> various chess variants on this server.

> Since chess variants, such as Chu Shogi and Omega
> Chess, make for long games, the number of active games
> for these variants will be larger than the popularity.

Seems to me this is not a measure of the concept of popularity.

Popularity, means how many people want to play, and how much they play.
I play fewer chushogi games than others play chess games.  This is not
because I like Chu less than they like chess, but because one chu game
lasts longer.  I submit that # of active games is the better measure.

Alan