Popularity of various chess variants here

I have attempted to determine the popularity of
various chess variants on this server.  Since there
are lies, damn lies, and statistics, I have looked at
the following factors:

* The number of active games of a given chess variant

* Since chess variants, such as Chu Shogi and Omega
Chess, make for long games, the number of active games
for these variants will be larger than the popularity.
 I try to minimize this by having a popularity scale,
which is the number of active games divided by the
average move number for the active games.

* I also look at the largest game number for a given
variant available.

My results:

Number of active games:

chess           90
doublechess     23
chushogi        19
omegachess      16
shogi           14
rennchess        8
grandchess       4
jungle           3
avalanchechess   1
---------------------
FIDE chess      90
All others      88

-- or --

Average move number in active game:

Game            games   avg m#  popularity index
--------        -----   ------- ----------------
chess           90      23.3333 77.1429
doublechess     23      26.6957 17.2313
shogi           14      33.7143  8.30508
chushogi        19      67.4737  5.63183
jungle           3      11.3333  5.29412
omegachess      16      69.75    4.58781
rennchess        8      68.75    2.32727
grandchess       4      27.75    2.88288
avalanchechess   1      18       1.11111
Totals (except chess)           47.3714

Game            Current maximum game number
--------------  ----------------------
chess           1311
shogi            712
omegachess       225