Little Golem server

The Little Golem turn-based game server is at

http://www.littlegolem.net

Turn-based is sort of like play by email, but it's much more
convenient (just click to move) and it has good graphics.
They have Go (9x9, 13x13, 19x19), Chess, Reversi, Gomoku
(with a mutant opening protocol that makes it a sort of
simplified Renju), DVONN, Four in a row (also called Connect
Four, but with a slightly larger board), 13x13 Hex, Amazons,
and a neat word game.

Twixt is also available there, although a mutant ruleset
is implemented: Links are never removed, but you are allowed to
cross your own links. This affects the game more deeply than
just reducing the incidence of draws; here is an example 12x12
position which is a win for White under the official rules, but
a loss under LG rules:

http://www.geocities.com/twixtplayer/TwixtPP.html

Such a position should occur only very rarely, although
it is conceivable that the different rules could affect the
moves made between strong players.

The admin there is another Richard, Richard Malaschitz. I have
been urging him to adopt the official ruleset, with a suggested
GUI scheme and move notation. He seems amenable to the idea, but
he's very busy, and it may be a while before he gets around to it.
He uses a ton of technologies: JSP, MySQL, XML, XSLT, JDOM.

I should add that once you register there, alternate graphics
displays for Hex and Twixt are available; click on the Login menu
on the left, and then click on "Edit user properties." I should
also add that the Hex board display with coordinates has been
changed from garish green to pleasing purple.

Anyway, I hope PBMserv players here will check the site out!
My handle here is chmeee, and my handle there is David J Bush. I
have been playing more over there, and less over here, lately. I
apologize to all my opponents, especially those I time forfeited
against. I will finish out the Twixt games I have going here, and
will then probably move over to LG. I hope to see you there!

David