Re: [pbmserv] Broadcast from jjartus via PBM Server

'Twas 05:31 AM -0500 on Saturday 3/6/2004 when pbmserv wrote:

 I wish to suggest a game of Nim (picking) type, from which it seems
 we don't have any.

Basic Nim is too simple for the server (nearly as simple as Tic-Tac-Toe). There are some Nim variations that make good games.

I call it TriNim.

Some observations:

1) This topic belongs more on the pbmserv-dev than the pbmserv-users list.

2) I don't like the name TriNim, because the similarity to Nim is rather weak.

3) You've got a good game here.

4) I think there should be a standard arrangement, rather than randomness. Perhaps that would be solved too easily, so have randomness, but then the challenge command would have a seed that allows you to generate the same layout again.

5) A size six triangle looks better to me (seven of each color).

6) This game could also be played on a 5x5 square (five each of five colors).

7) Actually lots of layouts are available. Anything with an odd number of spots will work. You don't need to have the same number of each color; just an odd number of colors and an odd number of pieces in each.
--
RB |\ Randall Bart
aa |/ admin@RandallBart.com Home: 1-212-965-1786 Barticus@att.net